Quantcast
Channel: Isle of Man Today WWIO.news.syndication.feed
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 17491

Moves to crack down on motorhomes in residential areas

$
0
0

MOVES to crack down on motorhomes and vans cluttering up residential areas are afoot.

In the House of Keys this week, John Houghton (Douglas North) asked Infrastructure Minister David Cretney when he would introduce regulations to control on-street parking of motor homes and large vans.

Mr Cretney said existing legislation on the subject had been revisited recently and it had been decided it would benefit from an update. That, he said, was now being done in the Attorney General’s chambers.

He said one of the changes would see the powers to enforce the removal of illegally parked vehicles extended from just the police to traffic wardens or parking controllers. He said legislation would be updated to include motor caravans and large vans.

Mr Cretney said in the meantime his department would continue to support the use of existing legislation.

Also relevant, said Mr Cretney, was the consultation on the Road Transport Regulations 2012 which propose the introduction of registration or licensing for goods vehicle operators. A part of this would involve such vehicles having to be parked at an operator’s operating centre when not in use. The consultation period for the proposed regulations closes on March 7. Mr Cretney reported mixed reactions to the consultation so far.

Douglas Council is also looking at allowing motorhomes to use a designated area within the campsite at Noble’s Park outside of motorsport periods.


Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 17491

Trending Articles



<script src="https://jsc.adskeeper.com/r/s/rssing.com.1596347.js" async> </script>